Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Daunting

The first blog after about a month of not doing so always seems daunting. So much has happened. Christmas, a trip to Michigan, New Years... They were great but I can't rehash all of that now so I'll start with this:

I made cheese yesterday. I've done a lot of fresh mozarella, ricotta and queso blanco but yesterday was my first batch of hard cheese. I picked a farmhouse cheddar. It was pretty complicated with a lot of picky temperature control to make it turn out right. It's frustrating because I won't know how it turned out for at least 4 weeks. So we'll break it out for Adeline's birthday which is about 5 weeks away.

I think we are going to have a "Dela-versary" party to celebrate us having Adeline for a year now. Joel thinks it is exceedingly silly to have a birthday party for someone who won't remember it like one year olds and really old people. I think it is an absolute MUST to have a one year birthday party. This is our compromise and yes there will be cake. Thoughts on birthday parties for toddlers anyone???

2 comments:

bigloon said...

I have a thought... parties for people who will not remember them are exceedingly silly.

bigloon said...

But Delaversaries... now there's a good time!!