Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Hate Late People

first off let's not confuse what I mean here. Socially, among friends late is not a big deal. You just sit back and have an appetizer and a drink until they come. What I hate is people who are late to their jobs.
Yesterday I finished a 24 hour shift at 9 am but my replacement didn't come in until 9:45!!!! That means after sign out I didn't leave the hospital until 10. Which made me an hour late for my meeting at a different hospital which was then dragged out over the rest of the morning to fit into others schedules. I wanted to scream. And now today I have to do all the things that I wanted to do yesterday morning after work. Yes the weather was bad yesterday but this particular doctor is never there for sign out before 9:20. The rest of the 6 people in the group are fed up. The rest of us are usually there 15 minutes early so that the post call person can be on the road by 9 at the latest. Half the group refuse to be on the schedule so that he follows them. I'm close. the problem is that this particular partner works a lot of hours, has a lot of seniority and brings Lakewood a lot of business.
Never the less it is SO unprofessional and discourteous I feel I have say something....

No comments: