Sunday, September 6, 2009

Peanut Butter



Ok So I know that we're supposed to hold off on peanuts until Adeline is 3ish and now she's only 18 months. I preach it every day but lately I've been eyeing the Nutella and all natural Peanut butter and wishing I could just give her a little bit. I know she'd love it and it's such a nice portable lunch staple. Especially for picnics on the beach.
But I'm paranoid about food allergies. I know there isn't a strong history of them in our family but Joel is pretty allergic and when Dela was about 8 months old she did have a reaction to God knows what. She's a good eater and there is no real reason to give it too her early except my own desire to share this cool food with her. So I put the Smuckers PB back on the shelf and mentally compromised with myself that I'll at least wait until she's two...

2 comments:

Marni said...

i always told parents to wait until age 2 for PB and shellfish, but when levi was 18 months, i just gave in and gave it to him (he LOVED it and still does). But recently, and im sure youve read the articles, it seems introducing PB early doesnt increase the risk of food allergy, so im telling parents its ok at age 1, or 18 months if they prefer....

Sarah said...

yeah I read 'um (Skimmed to tell the truth) but I'm just paranoid.