Thursday, October 29, 2009

Enough Already

For some strange reason I recently started to read Anne Rice's The Witching Hour. I like Anne Rice, The Vampire Chronicles were fun for the first few books and I've been in kind of a spooky reading mood lately. I also think I needed something a little less, um shall we say, depressing than some of the stuff I had been reading. I bought the book on Amazon and started reading pretty diligently about a month ago. Unfortunately the book is freaking 1020 pages long and I have not finished. Uggg.
Let me tell you once you get in about 700 pages you just can't turn back. At least I couldn't. And now with about 90 pages to go I'm afraid Ms. Rice didn't tidy up an ending for me. I just don't think she could do it in such short a time. I will be pretty mad if I get to the end of a thousand pages and have to get the next thousand page book to find out what happens.




In defense of the book it has been fun. A complete fantasy Epic about Witchcraft and the south. Nothing heavy or meaningful, just fun. But I can't wait until it's done.

The question is what should I read next?

1 comment:

bigloon said...

What to read next!!?? How about travel brochures?