Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Maternity Clothes

Well I'm 18 weeks along and I've got a little boy due on May 15th. A few weeks ago I broke down and pulled out all my maternity clothes. I am now moving quickly past the awkward stage where you need maternity pants but maternity shirts look ridiculous.
I am lucky enough to have a lot of maternity clothes from my pregnancy with Adeline as well as a few bags full from my sister in law. I got a lot of cute tops from her but she is shorter than me making her pants not usable.
So I went to a few places to look for a few additional pieces, namely cute pants. And I noticed a disturbing trend. At Kohls, JC Penny and Target, the maternity sections all are composed of no more than 4 racks of clothes. All four of these racks are crammed into a 10 square foot area in the back of the store. I (5'5" 123 pounds at 18 weeks pregnant) could not fit around the racks. Forget about looking at their less than stellar selection of black pants and floral print shirts. AKK!
What makes them think that they are going to sell anything that way?
Ho-hum. I guess it's Old Navy online for me.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Agreed, most of my maternity wardrobe is from Old Navy online as well.