Thursday, October 16, 2008

FOUND: Joel's Missing Leg
We are back from Boston. For those of you who don't know, Joel and I went to Boston for the annual meeting of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The conference was great as it always is and I got to spend some good time catching up on some Gen Peds topics that I haven't had a chance to keep up with being chief. I also got to spend some time with Joel and Adeline. We went one afternoon to New Hampshire to see some friends Sean and Sadie. They are expecting their first little boy on Halloween. Joel liked that trip because we rented a Cadillac. Actually we rented a Chevy Aveo or similar but the rental company goofed and we got a wicked, pimped out, black Cady with tinted windows, a killa' sound system and a V8. During that drive (2+ hours to go 60 miles) I decided I could never live on the east coast.
We also spent an afternoon at the New England Aquarium. Adeline loved the turtles and jelly fish. She kept calling the penguins like she calls the cat, "AAh, AAh". She did very well on the trip. She fussed during the plane ride out but slept during the plane ride back.
This was also our first test of cloth diapers on the road without a Nana's house to wash and hide the dirty ones. I have to say it worked out fine. The wet bag we kept in the bathroom at the hotel did it's job great and we didn't have to waste time rinsing etc. I must admit though that I feel sorry for the poor drug sniffing dog that had to check out that suitcase on the way back though. It probably died right there. We're expecting a bill from the department of homeland security to replace their dachshund.
But we are back. Last night was perogies, wine and presidential debating with the Hatgases. Can we all please stop talking about this Joe the plumber? Why isn't anyone talking about Jane behind the counter at Macy's or Jill the single mom in college. At least John McCain stopped calling me his friend.

No comments: