Monday, October 27, 2008

Why yes that is baby vomit on my shoe...
why do you ask?
I only mention this because I looked down at my feet during my first overnight shift this past week and noticed that Adeline had vomited on my shoe and I had not bothered to clean it off. It was a new low. I think that must be the definition of "letting yourself go". I went out the next day and joined a gym, cleaned my shoes and vowed to try to take better care of myself.

It was a busy week though. Joel's parents came into town over the weekend so I spent much of the week cleaning in preparation. I then got a little distracted and painted the plant room and redid the floors. It looks great. Next I think I'll do the dining room. Any color suggestions?...

Not being chief is great. I've been able to spend more time with Adeline and more time at home. My first two shifts at lakewood were fine. No I take it back, my first shift was fine. My 24 hour shift this past weekend was awful. It was like I was a resident again. I was up all night admitting patients and clearing plans with other docs. (I'm not the pimary for admitted patients) I saw about 12 kids in 4 hours the ED all of whom actually needed the ED. All I can say is thank God I had gone out the night before and had a fun evening with Kevin and Kelly and 2 pitchers of Maragaritas. (Joel's parents watched Dela)

Speaking of Dela...
We love the Fall!!!

No comments: