Thursday, May 27, 2010

Weed Be Gone

Nobody likes weeding. Right? Well I have to admit that even though I dread weeding I do find it incredibly satisfying. There's something about rescuing your pretty plants from your ugly ones that makes the dirt under your fingernails worth while.

This tool makes it even better and a lot easier.


My neighbor in Cleveland had one similar and I always coveted it. Then Joel got me one for Spring Gardening Day this year. It's so easy to use and so cheap that every gardener should have one.
All you have to is hold onto the weed and run the lip of the tool down the stalk of the weed along the root then lift up on the weed and they just pop right out. Even Dandelions that have evolved over millenia to drop their leaves at the slightest pressure leaving the root intact come gliding out from between your phlox with ease.
Happy gardening everyone!

No comments: