Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cheater, Cheater Sushi Eater

So I'm nearing the 24 week mark in this pregnancy. A mark that fills pediatricians with both glee and fear, accompanied with breath holding until about 30 weeks. The pregnancy has been good, easy for the most part, since beating a bout of morning sickness from weeks 8-10.

Somewhere around 20 weeks I started getting really run down. I was exhausted after work, not rested in the morning. I didn't want to run on the treadmill or even walk up the stairs. I was just not myself. I got so sick of it, that after 3 weeks of crabby, sluggly Sarah, I started myself on some iron. I don't know if it was the placebo affect or what but for the past 3 or 4 days I have been a changed woman. I wake up with energy (when little fox lets me sleep), I'm back on the treadmill, I'm not winded after a flight of stairs and most importantly, it's not as hard for me to get on the floor and wrestle with Adeline. So I think the iron is here to stay.

But that said, I'm feeling a little guilty for eating a plate of seared ahi tuna last night. I adore sushi. I would love nothing more than a big plate of sashimi and a side of chardonnay. I know that all fish has worms and it really should be eaten cooked but man was that an excellent plate of blood red fish....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love sushi too, Teresa's OB wouldn't let her eat sushi. I of course think that is a shame. Aren't our digestive systems strong enough to kill off most organisms. Besides if you are getting your sushi from a reputable restaurant they aren't going to sell you something bad. Elane Vandenbergh

Anonymous said...

"Little Fox"...does Otter have a twin?