Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So Begin The Doldrums

So begins the season when I randomly fill the void that the lack of football has left behind with hockey. Namely Red Wings hockey, as if there was any other kind. Someone might say "Have you forgotten about the Superbowl?" No, and I am thrilled to watch a team that the Lions actually beat this year play in XLV. Not to mention that that game was their first conference win in God knows how many years. Actually, I do know. It had been three years. For those of you who don't follow football, that's an eternity.




So before I say good-buy to the pig skin for the year I'd like to send out a few thank you notes. Thank you Jim Schwartz for a better year. Thank you Suh, and back-up quarterbacks. Thank you Calvin Johnson, Jahvid Best and Kyle Vanden bosch with those crazy eyes. (Sorry about all that hurty stuff Hansen and Stafford.) Thank you those of you who might turn into a speakable secondary next year. Most of all I'd like to thank the Rams, Redskins, Packers, Buccaneers, Dolphins and Vikings.



Anyway, hockey fills some of the void, for a few weeks in March there is some decent basketball so long as Izzo lives up to his reputation. The Stanley Cup wraps up in June. Summer is a wash. I think I'd rather eat a baseball bat than spend 3 hours watching someone trying to use one.





sigh





Red Wings just scored and there is blood on the ice, in HD, I might add. So I think I'll be OK for a while.

No comments: